I have been nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Being Me Presently
Thank you so much for the recognition.
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the seven questions the person who nominated you provided.
- Nominate seven other bloggers.
- Create seven new questions for the people you nominate.
- Display the logo somewhere on your blog.
The Questions for me to answer:
1. Do you have any bad habits? If so what is stopping you from breaking them?
I suppose I have quite a few, but one is taking my computer to bed and then not sleeping well. It’s a habit because I do it constantly and mindlessly. I suppose stubbornness keeps me doing it. Tonight I will quit.
2. If you could develop a new talent, what would it be and why?
I would love to be able to play a musical instrument – probably the drums. The primal nature of drums always relaxes me and sort of resets my personal rhythm, like a tuning fork, or the sound of the tide.
3. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I pretty much have traveled a lot, but I would love to be able to go to Tibet and the Mustang range of Nepal. They are really hard to get to, and require a lot of hiking in mountains. I would also include Afghanistan.
4. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be and why?
I first would love to be more able to have better, closer relationships with my family and loved ones. If I could be greedy and have two wishes, I would add 20 more years of physical fitness for travel.
5. What did you enjoy doing as a child and do those things still bring you satisfaction.
Reading, traveling and being alone. Yes, they do.
6. What can you do well, what are your unique traits and strengths?
I teach well. I communicate well and lovingly to groups of students and have a lot of patience with them. I am deeply and sometimes annoyingly curious. I’m physically strong, though now I must add, “for my age.”
7. Who is your biggest influence in life? What qualities do you admire in this person?
As the question is not, “who was the most positive influence”, I would say my father. His positive qualities were that he worked hard and took responsibility for his family. He had a great sense of humor, though corny at times. He never gave up, right to the end. He had a hard life, and he was sometimes a brutal man with a fierce temper. He has given me challenges in my life as I try to maintain his good qualities in myself, and overcome the bad ones.
Passing the Baton:
- What was one event that you might consider a turning point in your life?
- What one thing do you think would make your community a better place?
- What is your favorite bad character trait in yourself?
- What sort of thing makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning?
- Who is your hero?
- What would you love to be able to do?
- What would you like to live long enough to see happen?